Vanessa Van Edwards is a published author and behavioral investigator. Her innovative work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and the Today Show. She writes columns for the Huffington Post, CNN, Fast Company, and Forbes. Vanessa explores the latest neuroscience, behavioral economics and psychology research of leadership. Most importantly, Vanessa will turn the science into practical tips. No matter what industry you are in, what kinds of people you deal with or what you do, everyone should know how to be more of a leader.
As a professional people watcher, Vanessa researchers, speaks and writes about cracking the code of interesting human behavior. Vanessa’s groundbreaking keynotes and workshops teach individuals how to succeed in business and life by understanding the hidden dynamics of people. Her specialty is human lie detection and body language in business.
She is also a sought-after corporate consultant and has used her research to consult for numerous Fortune 500 companies like American Express and Symantec Corporation. Vanessa has spoken to groups across the globe from the stage at the Consumer Electronic Show to presenting research at MIT.
Her goal is to give attendees a completely new look at human behavior. From body language to brain patterns Vanessa will review the latest leadership, communication and personality strengths and strategies and how to apply them in your life.
Vanessa graduated Magna Cum Laude from Emory University in 2007 and is SETT certified with Dr. Paul Ekman, SUBx certified, is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and certified in Statement Analysis.
The new Bestseller from Vanessa:
CAPTIVATE – The Science of Succeeding with People
“I believe people skills are the missing ingredient to your success. When you know how to pitch yourself, make memorable conversation and build relationships everything becomes easier. You make more money. You have more friends. You feel more fulfilled. PQ is the new IQ.”
–Vanessa Van Edwards, author of Captivate
In the very first week we made the:
- Wall Street Journal Best Seller list
- USA Today Best Selling Books
- iBooks bestseller list
- Apple named Captivate one of the Most Anticipated Nonfiction Books of 2017!
Do you wish you could decode people? Do you want a formula for charisma? Do you want to know exactly what to say to your boss, your date or your networking partner? You need to know how people work.
As a human behavior investigator, Vanessa Van Edwards studies the hidden forces that drive our behavior patterns in her lab—and she’s cracked the code. In Captivate she shares a wealth of valuable shortcuts, systems and behavior hacks for taking charge of their interactions at work, at home, and in any social situation.
These aren’t the people skills you learned in school.
This is the first comprehensive, science backed, real life manual on human behavior and a completely new approach to building connections.
Just like knowing the right formulas to use in chemistry, or the right programming language to write code, the hacks in this book are simple ways to solve for people.
Watch the Official Captivate Trailer:
In Captivate, you will learn:
- The Social Game Plan: Every party, networking event and social situation has a predictable map – discover how to work a room and the sweet spot for making the most connections. (Hack #1)
- The 7 Microexpressions: Learn how to decode the 7 universal facial expressions and how they can be used to predict people’s emotions. (Hack #6)
- The Death of Small Talk: All conversations can be hacked—if you know how certain words generate dopamine in the people you meet. (Hack #3)
- The Triple Threat: What’s the social equivalent of being a superstar? I’ll tell you it has nothing to do with singing (thank goodness), but it does build trust, charisma and rapport. (Hack #2)
- Thread Theory: Want to be socially attractive? This little hack will change the way you interact so you never run out of things to say. (Hack #5)
- Speed-Reading: Wish you could hone your intuition? Learn the science of speed-reading and be able to uncover personality traits of anyone from clients to dates to bosses. (Hack #7)
- The Appreciation Matrix: We all know the power of acknowledgement, but how do we really use it? This science will blow your social mind. (Hack #8)
- The Art of Storytelling: Always wish you could captivate a room? Tell a great story? There is a formula to the perfect story and it is easy to hack. (Hack #10)
- The Science of Popularity: What really makes someone popular? How can you leverage what science has uncovered about popularity? (Hack #14)
When you understand the laws of human behavior you can get along with anyone, and your influence, impact, and income will increase as a result. What’s more, you will improve your interpersonal intelligence, make a killer first impression, and build rapport quickly and authentically in any situation—negotiations, interviews, parties, and pitches. You will never interact in the same way again.
“Please send my huge, gigantic thanks onto Vanessa. She rocked once again! Her presentation was lively, informational, extremely helpful, great fun, entertaining and just the best. All the members and guests were thrilled and people asked that we have her return to the Town Club down the road. Many also stated once again, she is the best speaker we have had. The books were sold out and I believe many guests will be looking into more of her work online. I hope that might lead to some of them signing up for classes.” — Barbara Francis, Town Club
“Vanessa was the keynote speaker for our Women Living a Richer Life Summit. Her PQ is the new IQ presentation rocked the house and got rave reviews! It was funny, informative and inspiring! Vanessa is wonderful and I highly recommend her.” –Michelle Williams, Program Manager, Women Living a Richer Life
“Vanessa Van Edwards provides an informative and entertaining presentation on reading non-verbal cues in our clients, our colleagues and ourselves. She recently had the sales staffs from all divisions of the Neil Kelly company laughing, note-taking, and eagerly anticipating future work meetings where they would be able to practice their newfound skills. Now, several months later, her presentation is still recalled as one of the highest-rated presentations of the last five years. –Randy Hudson, VP Sales, Neil Kelly Company
“Vanessa Van Edwards’ speech to our club of hundreds was a welcome break from the standard speech. It was always engaging, at times uproariously funny and very informative. As I looked at the audience, everyone was leaning forward and feeling each moment together. We all came away feeling more light-hearted and armed with insights about human behavior that we didn’t know at the beginning. It was a treat to hear her speak!” –Mike Pendergast, Business Development Consultant and Rotarian